Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us!

For our anniversary I thought I would share a few earlier photos of me and my love.

This is us at my parents' house the Christmas before we were married. We hadn't really seen much of each other in the months before Christmas as he'd been away on tour. I look sleepy and he looks chipper which is exactly the opposite of what our mornings actually look like.

This was taken a week or two before our wedding at my brother's college graduation. My brother was quite annoyed at me for "overshadowing" his accomplishment with our wedding so we made sure we really made that day all about him.

This was taken sometime during the week before our wedding. I thought it was strange and a bit gross that I had to pick up half of the smelly boys from their bachelor party day playing paintball. He was tired and sore and let me tell you, the car was stinky afterwards.

Our wedding day! Six years ago. Still the most beautiful day of my life.

Here we are on the 4th of July before kids. My parents took us out to watch the fireworks from the Queen Mary. It was beautiful. We all reclined on the deck of the boat and the ash rained down on us. It made me think of Francis Scott Key in Chesapeake Bay witnessing the bombardment of Fort McHenry by British ships and going on to write what later became the lyrics to the Star-Spangled Banner.

This was taken at my brother's wedding when I was pregnant with our first. I had bought a dress a month before and was horrified the morning of the wedding to find out that I was spilling out of the top. Oh, the joys of pregnancy! My husband thought it looked fine. I was mortified and we had to be at the shops before they opened that morning.


Some things I love about him:

- He has a fabulous dimple on his right cheek that my daughters have inherited. I adore my three dimples.

- He still calls me "Beautiful," as in, that's my name to him. "Hey, look at this, Beautiful."

- He is brilliant.

- He works very hard, all the time.

- He likes my family and loves to spend time with them and they are some of his closest friends.

- He is an amazing dad to our daughters. He adores them and thinks they are the greatest invention ever.

- He's creative. Creative musically and can draw really well, but also a creative business genius.

- He actually offers to rub my gross feet.

- He can talk (as in have multiple-hour, long conversations) with anyone.

- Growing up, I had a favorite taco shop in town. He is now an even bigger fan than I am.

- He moved to my hometown.

- He has given me the greatest in-laws.

- He wrote me a beautiful song for when he proposed and has since forgotten it. It was only for that moment.

- His eyes are green like mine.

- He likes to walk and hates to drive, just like me.

- When I am really pregnant (basically anytime after 25 weeks) he asks almost every night if I want to eat out or if he can pick something up for dinner.

- He laughs at my jokes.

- He makes it so fun to be married!

No comments:

Post a Comment