Saturday, April 3, 2010

Rosemary Balsamic Pasta with Chicken


As spring is now here and summer will be here soon enough, I thought I'd share a favorite recipe that I dreamt up and used a whole lot last summer. I pulled it out a few weeks ago for the girls' birthday party and this batch was made for my husband's birthday.

I usually call it, "that pasta thing I make," but for this blog we'll give it a new name. Let's see, how about Rosemary Balsamic Pasta with Chicken. It is great as a main dish or as a side for a large group. It saves well and is great for at least a few days as leftovers.

Unfortunately, my MIL is allergic to tomatoes and my SIL and her husband are both lactose intolerant, so, I can't use it when my husband's family is here.

To be honest, its the Lucini dressing that really makes this recipe. You could probably replace it with some good balsamic and olive oil, but you'd also have to use some fresh or dried rosemary somewhere in the recipe. I really think the rosemary is important for this one.


Combine the following in one very large bowl:

- 1 lb. spiral (rotini) pasta (follow the directions for cooking on the package, just don't overcook it and let it cool to room temperature)
- 4-5 chicken breasts (broil or bbq and cut into cubes, i usually marinate mine beforehand in some balsamic)
- 1 lb. monterey jack (cut into small cubes)
- 1 8.5 fl oz. Lucini Cherry Balsamic & Rosemary Artisan Vinaigrette
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (sometimes I use 3, if I am feeling tomato-ie)
- 2-4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 onion or 1 small onion (chopped)
- pine nuts (toasted)
- fresh basil (chopped, I use a lot, but this is another preference thing)
- fresh ground pepper to taste

Serve at room temperature or chilled in the fridge.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment