Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Very Best Today

Tonight I am going on a date with my husband.

I just went to put on my sweater that has been sitting in a pile of laundry on my couch for three days (well, moved back and forth from the bed to the couch a few times for three days). As I put on my sweater I noticed that there was graham cracker holding together the front of the sweater. As I have no other sweater to wear that matches, I am wearing the sweater. I scraped off the crusty graham cracker that has been through the wash and the dryer and have purposed not to look in the mirror again. I've worn this outfit before and I know what I look like.

After the sweater, I grabbed my shoes and noticed they hadn't been cleaned since our Wild Animal Park trip last week. In the spirit of today, I've dumped out the sand on the rug because I know I will be vacuuming it later.

I do try to look my best for my husband. And this is my best, for now.

I am a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment