Heartburn. My husband asked the other day what it is. He's never felt it. Which I thought was weird until I realized that outside of pregnancy, I don't think that I'd ever felt it either.
New Office. We are renting office space outside of our home for the first time. Its time, really (although, I am still trying to convince myself of this). I've resisted for so long (I like, love really, having my husband nearby). I'm a little sad, but the office space we're renting is the apartment above our garage, so he will be about 19.5 steps from our door, so I don't have too much to complain about, do I?
Birth Stories. A little while back, I started writing out mine. I haven't looked at them in a while, so I will have to do that before I can post them, but I intend on doing that soon. I've been reading birth story after birth story this week. They are oddly addicting at this point in my pregnancy. I crave them. They are a fast cure to my blips of labor fearfulness. If I have time tomorrow, I will link to the ones I've found most, therapeutic, funniest, exciting and heart wrenching ('cause we've all got to cry sometimes).
Nesting. I don't think this is what they really mean by the "nesting instinct" since I have a while to go still, but I do have an intense need to get things in order. The problem is, I've run out of energy. This week has been a tough one. The holiday weekend was great, but it left our place disastrous and I've got to get it together soon.
Camping. This is one of the reasons I need to get it together. We leave Monday to go camping with my parents and one of my brothers and his family. I'm excited in theory. I'm pretty sure that I am looking forward to it. I was so desperate for a trip of some sort a few weeks ago, but I haven't done anything to get ready and that's usually when I start to get excited.
0 for 2 Morning. This morning I took both of our daughters to our 3-year-olds' ballet class. It was the first time I took both of them. Our 3yo loves to put on her ballet leotard and ballet slippers, but she absolutely refuses to do a single thing in class. There are a couple other little girls who don't always follow directions, but its not even close to the same thing. At the beginning of the class, everyone sits around in a circle and they pass around a bean bag. I can't get our daughter to walk towards the circle without coercion and she won't look at the bean bag, much less touch it. Its like its made of eye and hand melting acid. This morning was no different, but after about 10 minutes I realized I had to get out of there, so we left. It cannot be good for our relationship at this point.
After ballet, I wanted to go to a community yard sale in a retirement neighborhood down the street. I had seen an ad for this sale that said to simply go to the main gate and tell them you are going to the sale. When I pulled up and told them where I was going, they said I needed to be on some list. I'm not stupid, I knew the female security guard was offering me a way in, when she looked at the list and asked if I was "Audrey Whitman." I don't know why I couldn't do it. I'm not exactly sure at this point where I stand morally on "white lies," but something about the situation bothered me tremendously. I could have said, "sure" very sarcastically and driven in, but I just couldn't. I haven't figured that one out yet. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that right now, at this very stage in our 3yo's life I am trying to teach her to tell the truth when she needs to go potty. Whatever it was, I couldn't do it, so they "couldn't" let me in.
Right now, I need to go to sleep. Hmmm...maybe I need one more birth story though....
No comments:
Post a Comment