Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Manly, yes, but I like it too."


...but maybe not my fragrance of choice for the entire house. Walking by the bathroom still makes me cough.

This morning as I was trying to put our 6-week-old with her first cold down for a nap, I told the older two to keep themselves occupied.  Apparently, I left them alone too long.  "All the freshness of Ireland" had wafted its way through to the other end of the house to me.

They had creatively occupied themselves with opening a Costco load of Irish Spring soap. All 20 individually wrapped boxes were lying on the floor with 18 bars scattered around as well.  When I walked in, our 3 year old was painting the glass shower door with a bar and our 1 year old was telling on me talking to Grandma on a bar soap phone (or "phote" as she calls it).

The bulk purchased toilet paper was also lined up diagonally across the room.  "Its our boat," the one who can talk told me barely looking up from her painting.

I guess this is what I get for insisting on having surplus before the new baby came.  Bathroom mayhem and an entire house smelling "fresh and clean as a whistle." Not at all the worst that can happen with unattended toddlers in a bathroom.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Lol! I can't count the many bathroom parties that have happened at my house. And it is incredible how strong smelling any soap is when every single bar is unwrapped! Unless my kids are eating a snack when I lay the baby down, I almost always end up letting them watch a string of like 8 little 2 minute long video's on www.sesamestreet.org. I've just had to many crazy interuptions JUST as the bay is about to fall asleep. :)

MV said...

Thanks for the tip Young Mom! These videos are a great help. I've found more at pbs.org too!

Post a Comment